With the 2024 calving season just around the corner, we are advising all dairy and beef herds who are participating in the National Genotyping Programme (NGP) to consider the points below.
Tag ordering: Number 1 Priority
- Contact your nominated tag supplier to order your 2024 Double Tissue tags. Please note: As outlined in the application process, when you order your tags, this will prompt a payment to be taken for your €4/calf contribution towards genotyping.
- If you have single tissue national tags bought or left over from calving 2023, you can order corresponding button tags to genotype these calves at birth. Please contact your nominated tag supplier to order these asap.
- The correct return envelopes for samples will be provided with your tag order. If you require additional envelopes, please contact your nominated tag supplier.
Tag Companies Contact Information:
- Agritags: 1800 564 564
- Cormac Tagging: 093-52385
- Datamars: 01 4594664
- Mullinahone: 052 9153102
Download the HerdPlus App
- For quick and easy tracking of your samples sent to the lab, download the new ICBF HerdPlus App.
Know the difference between BVD & DNA Sample bottles
- Remember that all DNA sample bottles are pink and are to be sent to Weatherbys in the specific envelope provided to you by your nominated tag supplier. Ensuring that the correct sample is sent to the correct lab will prevent delays.
- BVD must be sent to the approved BVD lab of your own choice as in any other year. You must arrange your own postage for these samples.
- DNA samples must be sent to Weatherby’s Laboratory in the PO Box 1104.You must arrange your own postage for these samples.
If in doubt about anything, get in contact with the HerdPlus team by emailing [email protected], requesting a call back on the app or by calling 023-8820452.