ICBF HerdPlus has added a new profile screen to view dairy genomic evaluation results. The benefit of the profile format will allow the farmers to analyse genomic results quickly and easily.
We hope you find this new screen a useful improvement to view genomic results for all your dairy animals. Before the advent of this screen, dairy genomic evaluation results were only available in PDF format. The profile displays an animals current official genomic proof and the difference from non-genomic proof which are the genomic results. Difference from non-genomic proof calculates the difference between the genomic EBI and the non-genomic proof. This is done across all the traits from the EBI.
Some useful benefits to the farmer when using this Profile screen include:
- Easy to identify the best heifers to breed as replacements.
- View all dairy genomic evaluations results in your herd.
- Access a specific animal result quickly and easily.
- Results for a group of animals being available in a profile format saves time and effort in comparison to going through pages of genomic evaluation reports.
- No longer a necessity to store paper reports.
- Animals can be sorted and filtered in this profile
- Profile can be downloaded to Excel and PDF formats.
- Click on the blue figures to view even more information on the animal. E.g. Lactation Summary, Fertility, Ancestry data etc.
Below is a guide on how to access this profile.
- Go to icbf.com and login to your HerdPlus account using your username and password.
- Under the ‘View Profiles’ drop down, select ‘Dairy Genomics’
The screenshot above illustrates the screen and the user will see. Genomic results of animals will appear on this screen when genomic evaluations are published.
Click on the tabs to see an animal’s genomic evaluation result for each trait in the sub- index.
Note: All the columns can be filtered to analyse genomic results more closely. The data in the columns can also be sorted into ascending or descending order by clicking on the column heading. The profile can be downloaded to excel and PDF format.
The improved profile is intended to make information more accessible and make it easier for users to view dairy genomic evaluations and subsequently make more informed management decisions.
If you have any questions, or if you have any comments or feedback, please contact HerdPlus on 023-8820452 or email [email protected].