The drying off process is a very important process that takes place at the end of lactation. By recording a cows’ dry off date you are completing her lactation on your HerdPlus reports. In doing so her lactation details will be available for pedigree certificates, sales catalogues and your Annual Report.
How to record dry-off dates
- ICBF Website:Dry offs can be recorded for all herds at icbf.com. The username is always your herd number and a password can be obtained by texting the word PASS to 089 457 7663 or by contacting the HerdPlus office on 023-8820452.
- Herdplus Mobile App: Dry offs can be easily recorded via the HerdPlus App.
- Text Message:Text the word DRY, followed by the Jumbo to: 089 4577663.
E.g. Dry 127, 256, 785, 1165, 1952, 2514
- Farm Software:Dry off dates can be recorded via Farm Software packages. Please ensure to send the file to ICBF on completion of recording.
- Dry Off Notification Sheets:Help ICBF to reduce our carbon footprint and record your dry offs online. However, if necessary, please contact the HerdPlus office on 023 8820452 for dry off notification sheets.
Remember: Recording your dry cow treatments will enable you to spot trends and changes in your herd and better select cows suitable for SDCT in the future.