Sheep Ireland exists to achieve the greatest possible improvement, from genetic and other factors, in the profitability of the national sheep flock for the benefit of Irish farmers and the sheep industry. We do this by the application of science and technology to ensure that our farmers and industry make the most profitable and sustainable decisions, through the use of the services provided by Sheep Ireland.
To further develop our sheep breeding services, we are looking for a person to join our team on a 12-month contract. This position will be based in our ofﬁce near Bandon, Co. Cork with the possibility of some travel around Ireland.
The main duties will be;
- Technical Support – To provide technical support to existing LambPlus clients
- Systems Support & Development – Enhance existing systems & develop new sheep breeding products to meet our customers needs
- Data generation – Help drive an increase in the level of sheep performance recording in Ireland among ram breeders and commercial sheep farmers
- Industry Communication – To help communicate the benefits of the €uroStar Indices to the Irish sheep industry
- A degree in an Agriculture related discipline
- Excellent computer skills
- Be a self-starter, with good initiative and attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethos
- Previous experience working in a sheep-related industry will be a distinct advantage
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your C.V. along with a cover letter describing why you are best suited for the position.
Application closing date is Friday the 5th July 2019.