Our partner company Sheep Ireland are now recruiting for the position of ‘Full Time Business Analyst’
Why Sheep Ireland?
Sheep Ireland’s objective is to help shape the future of the Irish Sheep industry by improving the profitability and sustainability of all Irish sheep farmers through identifying and promoting the best performing sheep genetics. We are continually working to educate the sheep industry about the benefits and potential gains to be made by using genetic indices. We are now at our highest level of industry participation and in a new and exciting era of cutting-edge genomic analysis, mobile app recording, and international collaboration. To further develop our impact on the Sheep Industry, we are looking for a person to join our team. This position is based in our office in Ballincollig, Co. Cork with the possibility of some travel around Ireland and hybrid working.
Further training and support opportunities exist for those who wish to continue their education. Employees receive a competitive benefits package.
The main duties will be;
- Technical Support – To provide technical support to existing LambPlus clients
- Systems Support & Development – Enhance existing systems & develop new sheep breeding products to the industries needs
- Data generation – Help drive an increase in the level of sheep performance recording in Ireland among ram breeders and commercial sheep farmers
- Industry Communication – To help communicate the benefits of the genetic indices to the Irish sheep industry
Required Skills and Experience:
- A degree in an Agriculture related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent computer skills
- Be a self-starter with good initiative and attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethos
- Previous experience working in a sheep-related industry will be a distinct advantage.
About Sheep Ireland:
Sheep Ireland is the leading provider of information-based genetics services based in Ballincollig, Co. Cork and with more than ten years of history. Sheep Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON THE NATIONAL FLOCK?
Applicants should submit their CV and Cover letter by Wednesday, January 5th, 2022.