The ICBF operates a national cattle breeding database. The genetic evaluations and research performed by ICBF is used by farmers and the Irish agri-food industry.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join the team based in Bandon, Co. Cork. This role would suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of technologies.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team you will have the following responsibilities
- Server administration including Windows, Linux and HP-UX servers.
- Administration of Exchange 2010 server.
- Network administration including Cisco ASA and switches.
- PC, laptop and printer support for end users.
- LAN troubleshooting, management of issues to resolution.
- HP EVA Storage administration.
- Involvement in the planning, implementation and upgrading of the IT infrastructure.
- Administration of VMWare ESX systems.
- IT related degree.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Windows Servers (Windows 2008), Exchange Server 2010, Windows XP, 7 and 8.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial
- Cisco ASA and switches.
- Linux administration and scripting
- Database knowledge.
- VMWARE experience.
- Microsoft Exchange Administration.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your C.V. along with a cover letter describing why you are best suited for the position.
ICBF, Highfield House, Bandon, Co. Cork email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th September 2014