Beef HerdPlus is ICBF’s information service which uses data from a variety of sources including animal events data, carcass data, genomic data, weight data and so on. The ICBF database then combines all of this data and compiles it into easy to follow, accessible reports and profiles. The purpose of these reports and profiles is to provide herd-owners with useful information to enable them to make more informed management decisions on farm to subsequently increase their on-farm profit.
What are the benefits of HerdPlus?
HerdPlus is a tool that can benefit everyone no matter what your breeding goals are. The breeding and performance information that herd-owners receive through HerdPlus is information which can be used to:
- Analyse herd performance across an array of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure more informed decision making.
- Track herd performance over a number of years to identify areas for improvement.
- Compare and contrast top and bottom performers within the herd.
- View stock numbers/reports broken down by month and animal category for accounting, nitrates, and management purposes.
- Generate sales catalogues to aid in the selling of stock.
- Prevent inbreeding by using our online inbreeding check tool.
- Discounted genotyping at €22 per animal.
- Reduce the need for filing paper reports with all reports and profiles being easily accessible online.
For more information on the reports and profiles available, see our step by step Beef HerdPlus user guide
How to I access HerdPlus?
- The annual subscription is €60 and can be paid online or over the phone by Credit/Debit card, by cheque or by Direct Debit.
- Once set up, farmers can log-in to their HerdPlus account immediately via the mobile app or online or a computer or tablet.
- On completion of registration, a password is sent via text message directly to the herd-owner and the username is always the BTE Herd Number.
For more information on the HerdPlus service please call 023 8820452 or email [email protected].