We are hiring!
ICBF, through its breeding information service HerdPlus, provides a range of breeding information reports and tools for the Irish Dairy and Beef farmer. We have made great progress over the last few years, with approximately 24,000 dairy and beef farmers joined up to our breeding information service. We provide top class customer support to our current members and potential future members. About ICBF:
- We hold the national database for which all information is held on bovine animals in Ireland.
- Our vision is to empower sustainable farming through collaboration and excellence in Genetics and big data solutions.
- We are a growing organisation of 100 employees that cover everything from genetic evaluations and farmer support to software development.
Main duties of the HerdPlus Manager:
- Leading and supporting the HerdPlus Team.
- Driving the HerdPlus service ensuring it continues to grow, improve and add value.
- Ensuring Farmers always receive products in a timely manner as well as positive, professional guidance/advice, which is a critical part of our Company strategy.
- Leading the identification and design of new information products and webtools to support farmers managing their breeding programs.
- Actively promote the value of HerdPlus to farmers and industry.
- Working with and establish close links with Farmer and Industry partners.
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of ICBF material and information at various farmer events throughout the year.
- Supporting the various Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) schemes, for example the Suckler Carbon Efficiency Programme (SCEP).
- Actively promoting continuous improvement within the team.
- Liaising with other teams within ICBF to achieve goals and outcomes that tie in with the Company strategy.
- A BSc. Ag degree or similar qualification.
- Experience leading, supporting and training a team of people.
- Excellent computer, communication and customer focus skills.
- Experience building strong relationships.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Experience delivering projects in a timely manner.
- Farming background with interest in breeding will be a distinct advantage.
- Largely office based role