We are currently looking for a technician to join the ICBF team based in Tully, Kildare town. Tully is the National Beef Performance Testing Centre in Ireland. It is located in Kildare town, Co. Kildare. The Irish Cattle Breeding Federation (ICBF), is a leading provider of information-based genetics services to the Irish dairy and beef industry and Tully plays a key role in collecting data on relevant animals to be used in genetic evaluations.
We are currently looking for a technician to join the ICBF team based in Tully, Kildare town. As part of the work you will have specific responsibilities around the following areas:
- Feeding, bedding, herding of animals daily and general farm maintenance.
- Overseeing and implementing a herd health policy.
- Collect and process relevant data on animals which includes weighing, DNA sampling, ultrasound scanning and feed intake data.
- Operate all equipment on the farm, as needed.
- Follow animal welfare policies and procedures.
- Adhere to biosecurity procedures in the performance of all duties.
- Assist in the collection of relevant data in the abattoir.
- Present findings from Tully to groups that visit the centre and participate in other relevant events.
- To assist ICBF in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and action plan.
- Experience in animal husbandry and operating machinery.
- Qualification in an Agriculture related area (Level 5 or higher)
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent organisation, logistical and IT skills, to ensure smooth collection of data on all animals.
- Experience in data handling
- Experience in setting own agenda
- Evidence of teamwork and collaboration with relevant partners
- Aptitude, and where available, demonstrated examples of excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) with an ability to enable effective knowledge and technology transfer.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at https://login.hirelocker.com/icbf/jobs/11954/technician-tully-beef-performance-testing-centre-kildare with a cover letter describing why you are best suited for the position. Please also include your CV.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st September 2018