ICBF HerdPlus has just launched a new Weaning Performance Report for suckler farmers. This new report aims to help farmers identify their best ‘beef producing’ cows. We look forward to this report helping to add further value to the herdplus service for beef farmers including people from the industry.
The report contains three main sections:
- A summary section detailing the calf performance, cow performance and sire performance.
- An animal report section which gives more detail on each individual animal which has been weighed
- An exclusion section which lists calves which that were excluded from the report.
1. Summary Data
A. Calf Performance
This section gives an overall table with the number of calves born and the number weighed as well as the ADG. This is broken down by males and females. The herd average 200 day weight is on the right with targets. This section also contains tables for the top 5 and bottom 5 calves in both males and females. These are sorted by ‘200 Day Weight (kg)’.
B. Cow & Sire Performance
This section gives an overall table with the number of beef purpose cows that calved in the period. They are divided into first, second and third+ calvers. It details the number of each group weighed. It then gives the average weight of each group. The last column gives the average % of calf weight at 200 days to cow weight. There are two tables for top and bottom cows on 200 day weight %. The final table details the performance of sires ranked by average 200 day weight of progeny.
2. The Animal Report
A. Male Calves
This section gives detail on each of the male calves which were weighed. Calves are ranked by 200 day weight. The cow performance is also detailed on the right.
B. Female Calves
This section gives detail on each of the female calves weighed. Again calves are ranked by 200 day weight and the cow performance is also detailed on the right.
3. Calves Excluded from Report
This section lists calves which were excluded from the report for one of the following reasons:
- Died before 100 days old – Calf died before it reached 100 days of age.
- Sold before 100 days old – Calf was sold before it reached 100 days of age.
- Not weighed between 100-300 days of age – Calf was on farm at some point between 100-300 days but was not weighed.
- Weight Data Issue – ADG is >2kg or calf has lost weight between 2 weighings.
Below is a step by step guide on how to access this profile.
- Go to icbf.com and login to your HerdPlus account using your username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password please click here.
2. Under the ‘Reports’ drop down, select ‘Weight’ – ‘Weaning Performance Report’.
3. Click on the date under weaning performance report (see screenshot below).
The screenshot below illustrates the report the user will see.
If you have any questions, or if you have any comments or feedback, please contact HerdPlus on 023-8820452 or email [email protected].