The 2013 Gene Ireland Beef program has just been launched, with over 2,000 catalogues been posted to suckler herds.This initiative is aimed at improving the quality of our National suckler herd.
Nine, high index bulls, have been selected on the basis of genetic potential for good milk and fertility (in their daughters) and good growth & conformation (in calves from these daughters).
The key points from the program include:
- Straws will be charged at €5/straw.
- Breeds available include Aberdeen Angus, Charolais, Hereford, Limousin, Simmental and Salers.
- Bulls can be chosen by the farmer and may be mixed breeds or single breed.
- Minimum usage is 2 bulls, with a minimum of 5 straws per bull.
- It is not recommended to use Gene Ireland bulls on maiden heifers
Further information on the bulls involved in the program is available by clicking on the link below.
Gene Ireland Bull Team 2013
If you are interested in participating in the Gene Ireland Beef program, or have any questions in relation to the program, please contact ICBF on 1850 600 900, email [email protected] or text the word Bull Beef to 089 4577663).
You can also download the sign up form here – Gene Ireland Beef Sign Up Form
Note: These straws are limited so order early to avoid disappointment!