- This spring our target is to test 70 High EBI young bulls.
- Genomic data is used in the bull selection process. Pedigree herds will receive all pedigree bulls.
- The cost is €8.50 per straw.
- All Herds who use Gene Ireland bulls are expected to participate fully in recording all relevant data e.g., inseminations, milk recording, fertility, health and disease events etc.
- Excellent customer support is provided including inbreeding reports for your herd, test bull information sheets & on-line Gene Ireland® reports and profiles.
BREED PACKS AND EXPECTED EBI’S ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Holstein-Friesian: Expected EBI = €374
- Pure Friesian : Expected EBI = €269
- Multi-breed: Expected EBI = €290
The Multi-breed pack is a combination of Jerseys, HF x JE crossbreds and HF bulls for comparative purposes.
Test straws are available in packs of 25 (5 bulls x 5 straws) 35(5 bulls x 7 straws) and 50 (5 bulls x 10 straws).
If interested in joining the programme(s) this spring, it is advisable to do one of the following as soon as possible as demand is high.
- Complete the Sign-up Form and return to Gene Ireland, ICBF, Highfield House, Bandon, Co. Cork
- Ring ICBF on 1850 600 900 or 023 882 0452 to sign up over the phone.
- Text the word BULL to 089-4577663 for a call-back,or Contact your local Semen Sales advisor.
2016 Dairy /Beef Programme
Straws from Beef bulls suitable for use in dairy cows will be available to interested herds.