CellCheck on-farm events
Animal Health Ireland in partnership with Teagasc and in conjunction with the dairy processors and the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine are running a series of on-farm events in October.
Most spring calving dairy cows are dried off between October and mid-December. The purpose of these events is to showcase best practice around drying off and assist farmers with selective drying off strategies in light of changes to the legislation with regard to the use of antibiotics.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The latest on Selective Dry Cow Therapy
- Steps to identify cows suitable for selective dry off
- Nutrition of the cow around the time of drying off
- What the changes in legislation mean for you
- Details of how to apply for a free dry cow consult