The catalogue for the Autumn Beef Gene Ireland Young Bull Panel is now available.
THESE STRAWS ARE LIMITED SO ORDER EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
The key points from the programme include:
- Straws will be charged at €5/straw.
- Breeds that are available on this year’s programme include Angus, Aubrac, Belgian Blue, Charolais, Hereford, Limousin, Parthenaise, Salers, Shorthorn and Simmental.
- The bulls will be chosen by the farmer and may be mixed breeds or single breed.
- Target usage is approximately half your cows. However, this will be influenced by the number of bulls available for certain breeds.
- It is not recommended to use Gene Ireland bulls on maiden heifers.
To view the catalogue just click on the following link: Beef Gene Ireland Autumn Catalogue 2014
If you are interested in participating in the Gene Ireland Beef programme, or have any questions, please contact ICBF on 023 8820452 or email [email protected] or text the word BULL Beef to 0894577663.