ICBF – Leading the way in Cattle Breeding in Ireland.
We currently have the following vacancy
The Irish Cattle Breeding Federation (ICBF) operates a national cattle breeding database and is a leader in the area of cattle breeding research. ICBF operate a world leading genomic database utilising big data technologies.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join the IT Infrastructure team based in Bandon, Co. Cork. This role would suit someone with 2-3 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of technologies.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team you will have the following responsibilities
- Server administration including Windows, Red Hat Linux and Oracle Linux servers.
- Administration of Exchange 2010 server.
- Network administration including Cisco ASA and switches.
- PC, laptop and printer support for end users.
- LAN troubleshooting, management of issues to resolution.
- Oracle ZFS Storage administration.
- Involvement in the planning, maintenance and enhancement of the IT infrastructure.
- Administration of VMWare ESX systems.
- Purchasing of new hardware and software.
- Organising support contracts.
- Backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Administration of the phone system.
- IT related qualification.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- An ability to interact with end users.
- Excellent MS Windows skills.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial
- Cisco ASA and switches.
- Linux administration and scripting.
- Database knowledge.
- VMWARE experience.
- Microsoft Exchange Administration.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your C.V. along with a cover letter describing why you are best suited for the position.
email: [email protected]