The November 2022 evaluation figures are now available for all dairy and beef animals. The ICBF Animal Search, Active Bull Lists and Stock Bull Finder have all been updated. Farmers subscribed to the HerdPlus service can view their animal’s new evaluation figures through the various online profiles. Reports (EBI, Euro-Star, BDGP Eligibility, etc.) will be updated over the coming weeks. Farmers will be notified by text as soon as these reports are available online.
New Changes to EBI now Included
New Carbon sub-index now Included
- Ireland set target to reduce GHG emissions by 25% or 5.75 Mt CO2e
- Breeding target = 1.2 MT or 21% of total target : EBI key to drive change
New traits and updated Beef sub-index
- More claves coming off dairy herd will be in spec and finish earlier
New & updated traits in Health sub-index
- Opportunity to ↓ prevalence TB
- Updated SCC model more accurate
Inclusion of genomics for minor
- Genotyping available – more
Next Evaluation Dates
The next evaluation publication date is set for 24th January 2023. For more information on future publication dates and their respective data deadlines, please click here.
If you have any queries on evaluation figures please contact us on 023-8820452 or email [email protected].