♦ Health and Disease
- Why record health and disease events?
- Information on recording your health and disease events: How to do it and materials you need to do it
- Health and disease recording dos and don’ts
- Frequently asked questions
♦ Genetic Defect Recording
♦ Understanding Genetics and the Genetic Disease and Trait Definitions. Below are 3 guides to help you with genetic disease information found on the IDB SNP Chip. The first one is just about understanding genetics. The next two are the same booklet but one is for farmers, and the second is an extended version for Veterinary Clinicians and Researchers – (Click on the links below to view the page)
- Understanding Genetics: The first portion of the pamphlets below
- Genetic Trait Information for IDB Genotyped Animals in Ireland- Farmer Edition
- Genetic Trait Information for IDB Genotyped Animals in Ireland- Clinician and Researcher Edition
♦ Genetic Defects – Warning: Pictures in the defects gallery may be a bit disturbing as they are picture of animals with specific defects known in Ireland. This gallery is a work in progress and more diseases will be added as found.
Infectious Diseases (Under development- click on the blue links to be re-directed to AHI’s pages on the diseases below)