ICBF Milk Recording Profiles are specially developed for you to compare and analyse your herd performance with ease. Using these profiles allows you to make more informed breeding, culling and management decisions for your herd.
- What are the benefits of ICBF profiles?
Information supplied in a profile format saves time in comparison to going through pages and pages of a printed report. You can search, sort and filter your cow list with ease in order to analyse and compare the productivity of your dairy herd in order to make more informed breeding and management decisions.
On each profile you can;
- Click on the blue figures to view even more information on the animal. Eg. Lactation Summary, EBI details, Fertility and Ancestry data etc.
- To re-order a column, just click on the column heading.
- Easily filter your animal list by entering specific criteria.
- Download your profile to Excel or PDF formats.
How do I access my Milk Recording Profiles?
- In your web browser, go to www.ICBF.com and login to your HerdPlus account.
- From the View Profiles drop down, select a Milk Recording Profile you wish to view.
- How are my cows performing in their current lactation to date?
The Current Milk Recording Profile shows the production of each cow by the last test date and a prediction of what they will produce in 305 days. This profile will show how much Milk (kgs), Fat, Protein (kgs/%) and combined solids produced by each cow and the average SCC for the lactation.
When a cow completes a milk recording test, the results are added to the cows yield to date and the average SCC is updated. Cows with an average SCC greater than 200,000cells/ml during the lactation are highlighted in red to easily spot problematic cows. Use this profile to track trends and changes in cow performance and therefore make more informed management decisions.
- I want to view test results from a particular milk recording last year. How can I do this?
The Milk Recording Test Profile shows a breakdown of the test day production per cow. You can use this profile to analyse results of current and previous milk recording tests for your herd.
Choose what to view by first selecting the year and then the date the test occurred.
All cows recorded on the selected date will show on screen. For reference, this profile shows the lactation start date (date of calving) for the relevant year selected while also displaying the number of days in milk the cow was on the day of the milk recording test. If a cow had SCC greater than 200,000cells/ml on the selected milk recording test, the box under in the SCC column will be highlighted in red.
- How many times has one of my cows had a high SCC in the last few milk recording tests? Do I need to use antibiotics to dry off some of my cows?
You can easily see the mastitis history of your cows by viewing Milk Recording SCC Profile. This profile shows SCC of all cows in the herd on the past dates of milk recording. Any cow tested with SCC >200,000cells/ml is highlighted in orange therefore making it easy to see if action is needed on particular cows in the herd. Use this profile to aid management, breeding and culling decisions for the herd.
As with all our profiles, use the filters to narrow your listing by your chosen criteria (See example in Figure 4). If filter boxes do not show, click Show filters.
Here you can see how this herd owner was able to single out cows with a SCC count less than 100,000 cells/ml by typing in these criteria. Select Print on the top of the profile to print your condensed listing.
- What cow in my herd has produced the most in my herd to date?
Useful for making breeding and culling decisions for the herd, the Lifetime Production Profile is a great tool so summarise what each cow has produced over her milking life.
Compare cows in different lactation groups by filtering the list by lactation. View a cows current milking status, total days in milk, solids produced and incidences of SCC >250,000 over her lifetime. Use this profile to aid in culling and breeding decisions for your herd.