ICBF, The Farmers Journal & Teagasc have produced a joint Beef Breeding Brochure so as suckler farmers will have a complete beef breeding reference guide for their beef breeding activities in Spring 2018. The purpose of this ‘Beef Stockbull & AI Sire guide Spring 2018’ is to provide a full listing of the contact details of the Beef Pedigree Bull Breeders that are participating in the ICBF (WHPR) Whole Herd Performance Recording Program. Farmers sourcing a new Beef Stockbull are encouraged to contact these Breeders as they are voluntarily getting their whole pedigree herds independently weight recorded & linear scored by ICBF.
The €uro-Star ratings of the bulls that are for sale in these herds is available through the ‘ICBF Stockbull Finder’ as well as a listing of all participating pedigree breeders.
The brochure contains the following:
- A simple explanation of the ICBF €uro-Star system.
- Advice on how to meet your BDGP target requirements.
- Practical tips to follow when buying a new Stockbull.
- A listing of the top 75 active Beef AI Sires.
- A Bull sale catalogue page explanation.
- A listing of all the main beef bull sales is provided.
- An explanation of WHPR and how to use the new ICBF ‘Stockbull Finder’.
- A listing of all pedigree breeders in the WHPR program with their phone numbers.
It has been sent out to 16,000 Beef & Dairy farmers as well as being available on the ICBF website and on request from ICBF, Teagasc, the Irish Farmers Journal and Beef Breed Societies.