Genotype Tracking screen
All the different stages from the date requested to genotype published can be tracked using the Genotype tracking screen. Herd-owners can access this screen anytime by logging into the HerdPlus account and selecting ‘Services’ – ‘Genomic Services’ – ‘Track Order’
Below are the status message explanations on the tracking screen.
Turnaround time for Genomic Results
- Samples are scanned into the ICBF database and are dispatched to the Weatherbys laboratory every Wednesday.
- Samples are genotyped in the laboratory and results are automatically transmitted to the ICBF database 10 days later.
- Animals are evaluated for a week and genomic results are reported to the requested AI Company.
- The following week genomic results are published to the Herd-owner.
- The average turnaround time is 23 days from the date hair sample is received to results.