We have improved the existing Current Milk Recording Profile to make the data more useful for management decisions. The profile is available to all milk recording herds.
Some useful benefits to the farmer when using this screen include:
- Results being available in a profile format saving time and effort in comparison to going through pages of milk recording reports.
- When a cow completes a milk recording its Yield to Date and 305 Day Predicted information is updated.
- Cows with an average SCC greater than 200,000 during the lactation are highlighted.
- Cows can be sorted and filtered in this profile and it can also be downloaded to Excel and PDF formats.
Below is a step by step guide on how to access this profile.
- Go to www.icbf.com and login to your HerdPlus account using your username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password please click here.
- Under the ‘View Profiles’ drop down, select ‘Milk Recording Current’.
The screenshot above illustrates the screen the user will see.
When a cow calves down the date appears on the screen and the yield/305 Day figures are blank until the cow completes its first milk recording.
When a cow completes the first milk recording the profile will update Days In Milk (DIM), Yield to Date and 305 Day Prediction figures and will continue to update after each following milk recording.
Note: All the above columns can be filtered to examine data more closely. The data in the columns can also be sorted into ascending or descending order by clicking on the column heading.
By clicking on the Jumbo number of an animal, the user can gain access to further information e.g. Lactation Summary, EBI details, Fertility and Serve data, Ancestry details, etc.
The improved profile is intended to make information more accessible and also make it easier for users to track any trends/changes in the performance of cows in their herd and subsequently make more informed management decisions.
If you have any questions, or if you have any comments or feedback, please contact HerdPlus on 023-8820452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.